🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Finding a testing job within BC.

Started by
0 comments, last by Tom Sloper 13 years, 9 months ago
Hello, i'm a college graduate looking for a job within the industry. I want to become a game tester to see what the job is like and also to pursue my interest in gaming. Unfortunately, I cannot find any postings within BC or Vancouver and I've been searching for a few months.

Just wondering if there's anyone out there who could possibly give me some info as to how I could find a job within my region and maybe even somehow let me know of any opportunities within my region if they're close by? I'm set on joining the industry and hope that i'm able to find something soon.

Any and all help would be much, appreciated.

Thanks.
Advertisement
Step one: use GameDevMap.com
Step two: use GameIndustryMap.com
Step three: identify companies near you, and do research on them. Learn their product lines. Look up articles about their games and their companies.
Step four: Read my article on getting a QA job: http://www.sloperama.com/advice/lesson5.htm (there's a clickable link to it in this forum's FAQ, above).
Step five: Apply. (Don't wait for job postings.)

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement