🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Jobs by net, it is possible?

Started by
9 comments, last by ambershee 13 years, 7 months ago
Quote: Original post by stupid_programmerWhen I'm talking about promotions I'm talking about positions like producers/studio heads/etc. Its hard to do those kinds of jobs when you are hundreds of miles away from the people doing the job.

I'd say that's less of a promotion and more moving into a different role. It's difficult to be anything other than a contributor to a project if you're not set up adequately to deal with it - however if the respective studio deals a lot with freelancers who do not work on site (and many companies do, or may even have the majority in their employ working offsite), then the situation changes slightly.

Quote: Original post by stupid_programmerWe had a two hour design meeting yesterday and I was on a conference call and they are drawing all kinds of things on the whiteboard to try and get ideas across and all they can do is try and explain whats on the board instead of me seeing it. Makes me much less effective in giving input on if certain things are possible.

Sounds like you need to invest in some new collaboration / conferencing tools ;)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement