🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Tetris

Started by
1 comment, last by IRDumb 22 years, 8 months ago
People say that when beginning to make games, you make tetris or some kind of clone. But what I don''t understand, is how you make each seperate file. Like, is one file supposed to be for the engine, and one for the pieces, and so forth. I just don''t really get it. I have made a bunch of programs in the last couple of weeks but I have never worked with more than one file. Thx
Advertisement
You put different areas of code in different files. For instance, you have the sound engine in a couple different files... one for initializing the sound system, one for handling music playback, and one for handling normal game sounds. Keeping different areas of the engine seperated into different files makes a project a LOT easier to work with.
-----------------------"When I have a problem on an Nvidia, I assume that it is my fault. With anyone else's drivers, I assume it is their fault" - John Carmack
So it could go like this...

*Main Engine
-Pieces
-Sound
-Gameplay
-Title Screen
-etc.

?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement