🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Portfolio feedback request

Started by
1 comment, last by cifa 9 years, 6 months ago

Hi all!

I am on the verge of sending out my first applications and I have recently put up a portfolio website.

My goal is to try and get a job as (junior) graphics/engine programmer-

Any kind of feedback would be greatly appreciated, here's the website: http://fcifariellociardi.com/

(Note, in the CV section all the personal data info, apart from the name, are eliminated as I am still unsure if I am up to having them public)

Thank you!

Advertisement

(Note, in the CV section all the personal data info, apart from the name, are eliminated as I am still unsure if I am up to having them public)

I think you should at least make your email address public. After all it might happen that someone stumbles across your page and want to contact you.
To prevent spambots from reading the email address you can use a mix of javascript and <noscript>. I use the following code on my homepage and did not get a single spam mail so far (but there are tons of bots on the website).
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
	var string1 = "mail";
	var string2 = "@";
	var string3 = "domain.com";
	var string4 = string1 + string2 + string3;
	document.write("<a href=" + "mail" + "to:" + string1 + string2 + string3 + ">" + string4 + "</" + "a>");
</script><noscript>mail [at] domain [dot] com</noscript>

I think you should at least make your email address public. After all it might happen that someone stumbles across your page and want to contact you.
To prevent spambots from reading the email address you can use a mix of javascript and <noscript>. I use the following code on my homepage and did not get a single spam mail so far (but there are tons of bots on the website).

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
	var string1 = "mail";
	var string2 = "@";
	var string3 = "domain.com";
	var string4 = string1 + string2 + string3;
	document.write("<a href=" + "mail" + "to:" + string1 + string2 + string3 + ">" + string4 + "</" + "a>");
</script><noscript>mail [at] domain [dot] com</noscript>

Thanks for the script, I will use it! However when sending the page for application I will make it public for sure. It is just now that the page is not yet used for its purpose.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement