🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Started by
2 comments, last by Tom Sloper 8 years, 7 months ago

Hi there!^^

It's my first post in this webside so I'm gonna try get to the point as fast as possible:

I am a Math-Physics student who thought that he had already decided what he wanted to do after finishing the double degree. But I'm still not sure. I have always loved games and dreamed about creating one. I am not asking for the key tips to get to a professional level all I want to do is know which steps I should follow if I want to get inside the game developing world. I also know that you cannot be everything at the same time. I would prefer to the programing side but still no idea what to do. I have seen lots of tools that don't use coding for creating videogames. I know C++ and some java.

Maybe all this sounds a little bit disorganized but this is how I am really right now. I have absolutly no idea what to do. Any help would be extremly apreciated :3

Sorry for my bad english T_T

Advertisement
Hi, homell. I'm moving this to the Game Industry Job Advice forum. You should begin by reading the FAQs there. http://www.gamedev.net/page/reference/faq.php/_/breaking-into-the-industry-r16
Read about the different jobs in the game industry, and do some soul-searching. Do some more reading, and then read some more.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Thank you very much. I am sorry I rushed too much. I guess I wanted a simple anwser but I guess there's none ^^

I wanted a simple anwser

You wanted a foolproof set of steps that would unfailingly wind up with you having an unspecified position in the game industry. Simple answer: there isn't one.

There are many possible paths, and none of them are foolproof. Try, and you can get there. Don't try, and you probably won't.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement