🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

High Schoolers Unite !!! =)

Started by
5 comments, last by d3s3rtf 22 years, 6 months ago
I would like to work with/learn how to make games/mods from anyone in high school or under the age of 18. I am a Junior at Ballard High School in Seattle, Wa and I am starting to learn C++ and other game design stuff. I just thought it would be cool to learn it from my peers. Desert Fox a.k.a. Ian Cheshire nazgul4@qwest.net
Advertisement
Sounds like fun.

...go on and live with no regrets, you only have one life...
...go on and live with no regrets, you only have one life...
Indeed...
I also am a Junior in high school and I have about 4 years of programming under my belt in BASIC, Pascal, and C++. I''d love to try and teach you something, except there are tutorials on this site that could cover whatever I could teach you in greater detail and would probably help you out a lot more. But if you are interested then e-mail me at bosscheese@aol.com and type "Gamedev.net forums" in the subject line.
Doesnt look like many high schoolers are into c++ or they dont want to help others =(
Hey,
I feel the same way, no one at my high school programs except me. So I''m always stuck trying to build 3d engines and stuff alone. If you have any questions, I''ll try to help. I''ve been programming for c++ a little over 2 years now off and on. That, and I don''t even know how to intialize openGl, so for api specific questions, please ask them about DirectX . My email is: shoebox@post.com
Cheers,
-Jesse
Some more high schoolers, hehe I''m a HS junior now; programming a lame turned based (text) strategy game (think Civilization... but dumber) I understand a bit of DirectX / DirectDraw, but am doing this am using the text based program as somewhat of a design doc while I learn how to do graphics stuff

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement