Advertisement

Newbie looking to make a game, here's the beginnning of my idea....

Started by March 09, 2020 03:02 PM
2 comments, last by NewbieHarbs 4 years, 6 months ago

March 9, 2020

The year is 2030 and after a worldwide election, planet Earth is now under one system of government. This movement for a form of government known as “One Nation,” was largely the brain-child of billionaire tech mogul and creator of an immensely popular Virtual-Reality based social media network, Marcus Zimmerman. Marcus came up from nothing to create his social media site, Connect, and after going public with his IPO became one of the wealthiest men in the world. An extremely private man, Marcus was somewhat of an enigma, not much was known about him before his social media site made him one of the wealthiest men in the world. His PR firm had invested tons of money in media campaigns to build the tech moguls image to one of a Philanthropist and family man first, and tech mogul second, and also downplays the fact that not much is known about him prior to founding Connect.

His next big venture would cement his image as Philanthropist when he finally developed a technology that made wireless internet available to EVERYONE for FREE. Before long he was the most popular man alive with a fortune that would allow his future relatives of the next century to remain immensely wealthy. With his popularity firmly cemented, he began to talk to anyone who would listen (which was almost everybody) about his dream of a world with one central government, based on the U.S. version of a representative Democracy. It turned out his dream was a popular one.

Although his dream would be popular with many throughout the world, there is a small group of individuals who are skeptical. How much do they really know about the Oracle of this so called “One Nation?” He seemed to have no past before creating Connect, and everything they know about him since appears to be the handy work of a talented PR firm. How could someone so well known not have made a single regrettable decision in his life?

Please bear with me, I've never written a game doc. before but this is the beginning concept of the game I want to create. It's a work in progress but I'm looking for some like-minded individuals to work with to see this to fruition. As you might have guessed I'm more a writer but I am learning to code and how to use Unity, however this is a lofty goal, I know. I am looking for programmers, artists, sound engineers, etc. who would like to work with me on this. I'm not sure where this will go, but I have Chron's disease and find myself out of work for quite awhile, so I have the free time.

Message me at daveharbs@gmail.com or reply to this thread if you would like to discuss my idea further. I am extremely open to constructive criticism and ideas. Hope to hear from some soon…

So you have an idea for a book?

Where is the game? Could you name a category like: FPS, RPG, jump'n'run, puzzle?

>VR
So teleporting? I just watched the making of Myst on Youtube. Looks like every VR game today.

Advertisement

Hey thanks for replying @arnero , I'm gonna address your questions and then throw in a little more detail. I wasn't sure there would be any interest so I just through a couple of my main story-line points out there, and please bear with me I've never wrote a game doc. before…

1. Like I said it's the beginning of an idea. I'm thinking detective/action-adventure. If you were to mash a few TV shows/Movie together and make a game out of it I would say mix Person of Interest/The Hunters {new Amazon Prime show} (rich benefactor employs skilled military type,) a little bit of The Blacklist (I envision a small team needing to be formed *also enables multi-player, I believe one of those people should have a criminal background, as well as some inside help from the gov't but doesn't need to have a history with criminal-could though), and The Circle (social media founder tricks world.)

2. I mentioned VR but that has to do with the plot, like I mentioned I'm a writer, I am slowly teaching myself programming but learning to program for VR I think is a little too ambitious. Let's face it the idea itself is ambitious enough.

3. I envision the game picking up with a CBS Sunday Morning-type profile of the villain. Explaining his history of coming up from nothing to create this VR Social Media site (I envision my villain being a composite of a real life social media mogul.) Then goes on to explain why he came up with his “One Nation” plan and started lobbying the rest of the world, and how he hopes it will move forward. (It has been voted on and passed but still needs to be enacted.)

4. From there pan-out to see that the leader of our soon to be group of vigilante's is the one who is watching the profile. A brief cinematic explaining that not everyone is happy with the results of this election or comfortable with the power that are villain seems to be acquiring. They don't trust him. Leader decides he must form a team to stop him.

5. Introduce our main character, secret-agent/military type, very cloak and dagger. The gameplay starts here. Character should be caught up in a stick-up while trying to cash a check. Here we begin tutorials of his abilities (strengths/weaknesses,) acquiring weapons, fighting, etc. After he stops the robbery and saves the day he quickly evades the scene to avoid his identity being discovered by the police. Here is where our leader intervenes using his tech skills to hack computers, street cameras, etc. to help him evade. All while the player is controlling the action.

6. From there the two meet in person. Plan is hatched to find and form a group/team to investigate the villain and find proof that he is not who he seems to be and is in fact trying to take over the world…

Obviously there is still a whole lot more of the game to be developed but I hope that better explains what I envision the game to be. Let me know if you're interested.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement