🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

glui error

Started by
2 comments, last by taby 3 years, 9 months ago

I am using some older libraries known as glui.lib I am getting an compiler error: I have included all the header files and linked in all the libraries.

Error C2252 an explicit instantiation of a template can only occur at namespace scope Project80 c:\users\owner\desktop\glui-2.36\glui-2.36\src\include\gl\glui.h 1718

Error C2252 an explicit instantiation of a template can only occur at namespace scope Project80 c:\users\owner\desktop\glui-2.36\glui-2.36\src\include\gl\glui.h 1719

Error (active) E0758 explicit instantiation is not allowed in the current scope Project80 C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\glui-2.36\glui-2.36\src\include\GL\glui.h 1718

Error (active) E0758 explicit instantiation is not allowed in the current scope Project80 C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\glui-2.36\glui-2.36\src\include\GL\glui.h 1719

Advertisement

Which version of GLUI are you using?

Where did you get it?

Which compiler are you using? What version?

Actually, what I do is I add the GLUI source into my solution, and build it from scratch. No libs or dlls required. It only needs to be compiled once.

check out:

https://github.com/sjhalayka/julia4d3

I’m using Visual Studio 2019 Community Edition.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement