🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Level Design

Started by
1 comment, last by Alberth 3 years, 3 months ago

In level design, is it better to make all of my own assets/textures with AutoDesk or is it acceptable to use assets/textures from my Unreal library which I have purchased? I have some experience with 3DS Max but I am definitely not a master. With 3DS Max in mind, since I plan to make my own indie game company, is there easier to learn/use 3D rendering software that will not cost $1600 a year to use?

-JP

None

Advertisement

JZP0220 said:
In level design, is it better to make all of my own assets/textures with AutoDesk or is it acceptable to use assets/textures from my Unreal library which I have purchased?

Check the license conditions of what you bought, it should clearly state what you can and cannot do.

No experience in 3D modeling, but the usual solution is Blender. Note that “ease of use” is relative. If you aim to use the tool a lot, effort to learn to use the tool is relatively small, and you're better of with a more powerful and versatile tool than one that you can learn in 5 minutes, but running into its limitations in a month.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement