🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

help

Started by
5 comments, last by JoeJ 3 years, 3 months ago

hi others i have a question how can i make a ps2 game without any or siple litle coding for myself

Advertisement

With no programming? You can't. Why are you trying to make a PS2 game in 2021? Are you a student, are you a fan of some PS2 game? Do you even have a PS2 devsys? To get a game to work on a storebought PS2 is pretty nigh onto impossible.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

ok but how i can make a game for ps2 i have a ps2 and many dvdr and i konow some coding

You can't make a PS2 game without the devsys. Choose another platform. PC, web, or mobile.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

hmmm.. i am choosing web and pc

and what is dvesys

roatikos said:
and what is dvesys

It's a ‘unlocked’ form of a console, provided from Sony only to their selected partners, and necessary for development.
Off the shelf consoles do not allow this, because if they would, the platform would be open to piracy, or just any kind of trash made from unauthorized people.

That's the difference between consoles and open platforms like PC, home computers, web or mobiles.
So to get started with game development, choosing an open platform is the only practical option.

Second choice then is to use some framework to ease things up (GameMaker, Unity, etc.) or native (C++ and DirectX, etc.)

As you sound totally naive, be warned it may take many years until you're able to complete a game, depending on your choices! ; )

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement