🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Debugging tiles - per-tile info printing

Started by
1 comment, last by Thaumaturge 2 years ago

I am working on simulation by rendering virtual global planet. I tried to move closer to that surface but something moved into higher LOD level wrong area not at my view position.

Does anyone know have any programming to debugging tiles by print per-tile information as identification like “LOD 4 (34,128) 26.0N 80.0W”? I want to print information on tile around mountains or hills like texture warpping and semi-transparent lines across tile as grids and borders.

I know how to convert planetocentric coordinates to longtitude/latitude by using acos and atan2 function calls. Also I have own font library to make texture bitmap from text message then print it on tile and can scale it down to fit border-to-border tile area.

Does anyone have any example codes?

Thanks,
Tim

Advertisement

You say that you have the means to place text on the tiles, and to determine a latitude and longitude--can you not then just iterate over your tiles and, for each tile, calculate its coordinates and place them as text on the tile?

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My Twitter Account: @EbornIan

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement